* Beefing up your attic insulation, but from a purely cost-benefit
* One of the best home improvements that you can make
* Some reports, calculate that you will see a 107 percent return on your attic insulation project.
* You will also see a difference in your home utility bills in the interim
2. Replace your front door
* Average cost: $1,500 to $2,500
* An automatic win when it comes to curb appeal
* A new front door will return about 90 percent of its value in sales price.
* The most popular replacements are stately stone veneer models and sensible steel doors.
* A welcoming and attractive front entrance can be a winning feature with potential buyers
3. Install new vinyl siding
* Average cost: $12,000
* Probably not the project you want to tackle just before you sell your home unless your existing siding is a real eyesore.
* It only returns about 80 percent at resale, although excellent compared to a major kitchen remodel at just 65 percent.
* A neutral taupe or beige with dark shutters, for example, disguises dirt and still looks elegant.
4. Upgrade your garage door
* Average cost: $2,300 to $3,000
* Upgrading your garage door delivers about 80 percent of its cost when you sell your home.
* Garage doors with plenty of windows tend to do a little better than those without.
* Use one of the new remodeling preview apps to get an idea of what different doors before buying.
5. Switch to hardwood floors
* Average cost: $5,000 to $6,000
* Upgrading your carpet or laminate floors to hardwood flooring can return between 78 and 91 percent of the cost
* Keep in mind that engineered wood products don't fare nearly as well real wood.
* Look for a universally appealing finish, and keep in mind that oak is a perennial favorite among homebuyers.
Post Your Comment: